Updated: Mar 24
This colorful salad is perfectly balanced with a homemade vinaigrette dressing and the addition of cranberries and toasted almonds.
Servings: 4 (sides)
· 1 bunch curly or lacinato kale, washed de-ribbed and sliced thin (it should look shredded)
· 1/8 tsp. salt
· 1/4 to 1/3 cup white wine or champagne vinaigrette dressing
· 1/4 to 1/3 cup dried cranberries
· 1 small fuji apple, cored and diced
· 1/4 cup toasted almonds or pepitas
· 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, shredded (optional)
1. Place shredded kale into a large bowl.
2. Add salt and 1-2 Tbsp. vinaigrette dressing and massage with your hands (this will help to break it down).
3. Add the remaining 1/4 to 1/3 cup vinaigrette dressing, dried cranberries, diced apple and toasted almonds or pepitas and parmesan cheese.
4. Mix salad well with your hands or tongs.
5. Taste for seasoning, and add more salt, if needed.